Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Word

I still haven't found myself writing like I used to.  Putting my thoughts to words, placing the on paper or on the screen used to be so cathartic.  Now, it's difficult to remember where to start.  I stumbled upon this website called oneword.  They give you one word and you have sixty seconds to write about it.  It made me feel inspired.  I am going to try and pick a word from the dictionary (this could prove to be interesting) and write a little, as often as I can.  My writing is out of practice, but it's exciting to challenge myself.  Here's my entry from one word today.
Cast
They sat in anticipation in the back of the theatre.  Bodies hidden in shadows, only hands showing, white knuckles gripping velvet chairs.  Watching, waiting.  Looking for movement from the director, a nod, a twitch...anything to relay a clue as to what he saw, how he saw...her.  Murmurs rolled through the shadows as the director cocked his head to the right.  The woman on stage squinted through the blinding spotlight with hope sparkling in her eyes. Then, she began. 

1 comment:

  1. yay...think i will track this down...been working on a bit of poetry. good to have inspiration.
    aunt e

    ReplyDelete